Private Cardiology Services are provided at the Hertfordshire Cardiac Centre at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
Cardiology deals with all conditions affecting the heart, including
- Coronary artery disease (the cause of angina and heart attacks)
- Heart valve disease
- Heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias)
- Heart muscle problems (e.g. heart failure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
The department is led by a team of consultants, supported by a team of cardiac physiologists, radiographers and an administrative team.
The Hertfordshire Cardiac Centre at the Lister houses two cardiac catheter labs (for angiography, angioplasty or pacemakers) and a full range of non-invasive investigations.
Private Cardiology Services provide a full range of investigations and treatments, including:
- Exercise ECG
- 24hr ECG
- 24hr blood pressure monitoring
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- DC cardioversion
- Cardiac MRI
Where will I be seen?
Private Cardiology Outpatient appointments are offered at cardiac suite at The Lister Hospital, Stevenage.
Private Daycase services are also based in the cardiac suite.